Ways To Keep Tattoo Moisturized, Dermatologist Shares Effective Suggestions
One finally got tattooed for the first time and is in love with it, but being a first-timer has a lot of questions related to it. If one is planning to get a tattoo and is curious about it, one should do some research beforehand to learn about the ways to take care of it. Whichever situation one is in, we have got all the answers related to everyone's concerns from the best skin doctor in Delhi, Dr. Nivedita Dadu.
Dr. Nivedita Dadu, founder and chairman of Dadu Medical Centre, is an expert skin doctor and provides treatment at her clinics located at Rajouri Garden (West Delhi) and Vasant Vihar (South Delhi). Here she has compiled a comprehensive list of aftercare instructions after getting tattoos.
What are tattoos?
Tattoos are the modifications or designs that people get on their skin. To do so, inks or coloured pigments are injected into the dermis layer of the skin which get the desired patterns or designs. Tattoos are often expected to last forever. Getting a tattoo can make the skin prone to some allergies and rashes. The expert skin doctor says, "The non-tattooed skin pores are completely different from the tattooed skin pores. The tattooed area needs more care and attention as compared to the other parts. So, a tattoo artist advises one to keep the tattoo moisturized." Moisturizing is essential as it helps the tattooed area fight extreme dryness and also aids in keeping it away from any infections.
Dr. Nivedita Dadu has provided a detailed explanation of how to keep the skin around tattoos moisturized and also provided information on what other measures should be taken to take care of it. They are as follows:
- Moisturizing Advantages: Doing a common moisturizing of the tattoo pores and skin will help in forming a skinny membrane over it, which helps in protecting the tattoo from infections. It also aids in the healing process by producing new pores and skin cells.
- Over-moisturising: Does a lot of moisturizing cause harm? Moisturizing done in excessive amounts is not advisable, as it leads to clogged pores and breakouts within the pores and skin. Thus, a thin layer of ointment or lotion should be applied to the tattoo as the pores and skin of the tattoo area need to breathe properly.
- Reduce Irritation: According to Dr. Nivedita Dadu, regular moisturizing of the tattoo pores and skin reduces itching, irritation, and scabbing. Moisturizing the pores will keep the area hydrated and will make the tattoo seem brighter. The dry skin on the tattoo makes the tattoo look lighter and duller. So, moisturizing also makes the tattoo appear nicer and brighter.
- Best Moisturizer: The doctor suggests a mild, unscented, and dermatologically examined ointment or lotion should be used as a good moisturizer for hydrating the tattooed pores and skin. The product, which is rich in vitamins and nutrients, will help in proper protection and quick healing.
- Pure Substances: One should always buy a moisturizer containing pure/natural substances. It’s good to put a moisturizer on the tattoo at least multiple times a day. The method of moisturizing a tattoo differs from person to person depending on the skin type. The best times for moisturizing are in the morning, at night, and after a shower to cease the drying out.
For any concerns or treatments related to skin, do visit Dr. Dadu Medical Centre, best skin clinic in Delhi having centers at Rajouri Garden or Vasant Vihar, Delhi.